Monetizing Your Business Idea
The IP2MKT initiative seeks to tap the trillions of dollars of underutilized patented technologies developed by Federal Labs, universities, and industry to foster economic development in South Florida and beyond. Modeled after insights gained from the Military-Industrial complex during the Cold War era, Silicon Valley, and inclusive economic development strategies, the mission of FIU’s IP2MKT Initiative is to inclusively grow South Florida’s innovation economy and beyond.
Note: IP2Mkt was previously called M2M Mission to Market.
Who is IP2MKT for?
Has a defined MVP
Needs a better business model and traction
Passionate about monetizing your idea
Has an operating business
Looking for tech development and expertise
Open to learning through mentorship
Innovative Support System
Patent Monetization Plan
1 patent portfolio complementary to venture
Tech roadmap of IP
Milestones for commercialization
FIU Applied Research Center
Fed Agency Identified
FIU IP2MKT partnered courses and student teams
Opportunities for Monetization
Funding opportunity identified
13 WEEKS | 2 HOURS | TWICE A WEEK
13-week incubator designed to enhance the intangible value of participants’ venture thesis with intellectual property while defining a clear roadmap to monetization.
- Week 1: Lean Startup Methodology & IP Problem Analysis Chart
- Week 2: Rapid Ideation & Solution Prototyping, MVP Mock Up
- Week 3: Opportunity Attractiveness: Secondary Industry and Market Analysis
- Week 4: Customer Discovery, Part 1 Customer Interviews
- Week 5: Customer Discovery, Part 2 Customer Surveys
- Week 6: Go-to-Market Planning, Part 1 Strategy
- Week 7: Go-to-Market Planning, Part 2 Plan of Attack
- Week 8: IP Strategy and Valuation & Tech Transfer Agreement Studio
- Week 9: Financial Model and R&D/ Tech Maturation Funding
- Week 10: Risk Analysis Studio
- Week 11: Pitch Training Studio
- Week 12: Pitch Training Studio
- Week 13: Demo Day
What you get
Business Model Design
Target Market Identified
Ready to apply?
All 10in5 programs share a common application. It will take 10-15 minutes. You will need to have your business plan, pitch deck, summary and/or any marketing materials ready to upload.